This half-day seminar, developed and presented by George Lipscomb, provides an overview of nuclear industry cyber security requirements and guidance. Participants will gain an understanding of the background of licensee cyber security requirements and expected impacts on the nuclear supply chain. The presentation will outline when a nuclear vendor cyber security program is required, the various elements of a vendor program, and potential effects of cyber requirements on future nuclear orders. Our seminar will cover vendor cyber security scenarios related to acceptance of licensee purchase orders, vendor regulatory, customer communications, and auditing.
- Industry drivers for cyber security
- The Cyber Rule and reporting
- Cyber security guidance
- Supply chain impact
- Purchase order acceptance
- Control under vendor programs
- Potential gaps with Appendix B program controls
- Vendor preparation
- Vendor reporting
- Audits and inspections
Who Should Attend?
- Nuclear industry vendors – management personnel; design, software, and quality engineers; program and supply chain managers; procurement personnel; and auditors.
- Nuclear licensee – licensing and procurement personnel; program and supply chain managers; and auditors.
- Nuclear regulatory program managers, auditors, and inspectors.
Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) 08-09, Revision 6, Cyber Security Plan for Nuclear Power Reactors, and the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Regulatory Guide 5.71, Revision 0, Cyber Security Programs for Nuclear Facilities.
Instructor: George Lipscomb
Questions: Email NTI at firstname.lastname@example.org